Peter Noteboom first learned about Global Learning Partners through participating in its predecessor organization Jubilee Popular Education Center course Learning to Listen Learning to Teach taught by Jane Vella in 1995. After learning from Dr. Jane Vella and then teaching others what he had been learning, Peter was invited to purchase the company from Jane Vella upon her retirement in 1996. Since then, together with others, Peter led the company through its first phase of growing beyond its charismatic founder, Jane Vella.
In 2007 Peter shared the ownership of Global Learning Partners with six other colleagues and teachers of Dialogue Education inspired by the work and life of Jane Vella. That core of Senior Partners and Owners continue to guide and lead the company today.
After 15 years of intensive engagement as an entrepreneur, teacher, and consultant, and with extensive client experience in multiple sectors and in many countries, Peter now serves GLP as President and Chair of its Board of Directors.
- Graduate Diploma in Interfaith Dialogue, University of St. Michael’s College, Toronto, Canada
- Post-Graduate Diploma, Dialogue & Negotiation Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
- Post-Graduate Ph.D. Studies, Political Theory Institute for Christian Studies, Toronto, Canada
- A., European Studies Katholiek Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- A., Business Administration, Philosophy Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa, USA
Peter is employed as the General Secretary of The Canadian Council of Churches. He is also active in several community, human rights, peacebuilding, environmental and social justice organizations.
Together with his life partner, Jeanette Romkema, he enjoys history, exploring, reading and spending time with family.
English, French, Mandarin Chinese, and Dutch.