Learning Evaluation by Design
Online • Live • 3 weeks
Go beyond the post-event survey to measurable indicators of learning that will help you discover the impact your event has on changing the lives of your learners.
At GLP, we believe that a strong learning design “begins with the end in mind.” We make a clear distinction between feedback and evaluation. We think of evaluation in three stages: learning, transfer, and impact. This is a deceivingly simple model that, when unpacked, yields great insight into how to design learning opportunities for the greatest potential impact.
What will you learn?
This is an engaging and highly personalized course that balances group learning with solo learning. The course will sharpen your vision for change, and set you up to thoughtfully document that change. By the end of the course, you will have:
- affirmed and fortified ways you already do learning-centered evaluation
- generated creative possibilities to gather and use learners’ feedback
- crafted learning objectives that are more measurable indicators of learning
- designed a plan to evaluate learning transfer for an upcoming event
- used the principles of inclusion and accountability to strengthen an evaluation plan
- maximized potential impact by focusing on learners applying what they have learned
- 3 x 4-hr virtual workshops (one per week for three weeks)
- Independent work on your Learning Evaluation Plan
- Nuggets – 1 pre-course, 3 per week between sessions, and learning transfer nuggets after the last workshop
What else do you need to know?
- There is no pre-requisite for this course (previous training with GLP is helpful but not necessary)
- The dialogue in this course will be focused on evaluation of a learning design or event, but does not delve into full program evaluation models.
All prices listed are the standard cost per person, though prices may vary (based on in-person locations). We offer discounted early-bird registration for all live trainings. To ensure that our trainings are inclusive and accessible, we can usually offer discounted registration for individuals with financial need, nonprofits, and people who work in an education or faith-based field. We also recognize the value of partner learning (2+ people from an organization attending the same training) and are often able to offer a discounted rate in these situations. Reach out to us to work something out.
Please note: discounts cannot be combined with any other promotions; prices for in-person trainings do not include costs for travel, food and lodging.