Conferences and Convenings Re-imagined
Online • Live • 18-24 hrs / 6 weeks
How many times have you gone to a conference (or organized one) where everyone actively learned new things and connected the topics of the conference with their day-to-day work back home? If you have, you are lucky. Most conferences aren’t like that – but they can be! Whether you plan to host your conference online or in-person, this course has much to offer.
Large gatherings take a lot of time and resources! Help your organization appreciate their investment and provide an engaging learning experience for participants whether in-person or virtual. Shift from “sit-and-get and network” to active learning, skill-sharing and community-building.
What will you learn?
This is an engaging and highly personalized course, with ongoing invitations to test, try and practice the new content being learned. During the course, you will have solo work as well as participate in a group session on-line. Here is a sample of what you will have achieved by the end of the course:
- Articulated key attributes of a learning-centered conference and how to use them in your own planning.
- Named persistent conference challenges you want to address.
- Considered the opportunities, technology and techniques for virtual sessions.
- Practiced giving and receiving feedback on designs.
- Drafted your conference design with a plan for integrating additional learning-centered aspects.
- Online learning modules in Ruzuku platform, 1-3 hours of self-paced work weekly
- One live gathering via Zoom at the start of the course.
- Online communication among course participants and facilitator
What else do you need to know?
- To ensure relevance, we require that you have a conference or event to plan.
- It is recommended that you take this course with at least one other colleague who works on your planning team.
All prices listed are the standard cost per person, though prices may vary (based on in-person locations). We offer discounted early-bird registration for all live trainings. To ensure that our trainings are inclusive and accessible, we can usually offer discounted registration for individuals with financial need, nonprofits, and people who work in an education or faith-based field. We also recognize the value of partner learning (2+ people from an organization attending the same training) and are often able to offer a discounted rate in these situations. Reach out to us to work something out.
Please note: discounts cannot be combined with any other promotions; prices for in-person trainings do not include costs for travel, food and lodging.