The GLP team is spread across the country with no physical office – we spend a lot of time planning, leading, and facilitating events online. We invite you to consider some practical tips from our collective experience with a learning-centered approach that can facilitate your work, strengthen team connections, and serve the goals you set out to achieve.
If you are not sure where to start, begin with this reflection from GLP Founder Jane Vella, An Observation Guide for Systems Change
Quick Guide to Online Learning Design
If you’ve been thrown unexpectedly into designing an online learning event, our Quick Guide is for you. This is an entirely self-paced online course that you can access on demand in Ruzuku. The Guide actively walks you through all the steps you need to create a powerful online learning experience or translate in-person learning to an online or blended experience.
The Guide lays out a streamlined and accessible process that you can use each time you design. By the end, you’ll have a complete draft design.
When you buy the Guide, you also get one free design review (by email or phone) by a GLP Partner.
DR. JANE VELLA / Founder / GLP, INC.
“An amazing summary of Dialogue Education in an eminently usable form at an exceptional moment in global history. We know that QUICK has two meanings: fast, and ALIVE. I trust this virtual guide will travel the globe to bring online programs ALIVE with learning.”
Engaging the whole person
- Draw it Out – a technique
- Journaling – a technique
- Self Care in Virtual Learning – a resource
- Silence to Think and Re-energize – a technique
Getting started hosting online meetings that work
- Our Bodies Need Attention!
- Quizzes and Polls to Engage
- Let’s Make Better Use of the Chat box
- Visuals, during Online Webinars
- Sound, during Online Webinars
- 4 Tips to Ease Your Virtual Meeting Stress
- Facilitating Virtual Meetings: Tips for Success
- Outside the Agenda | Open Meetings during the Pandemic
- Tips for Using Zoom
- Go Slow to Go Fast
How do I move my teaching online?
- How to Ensure Learning During a Webinar
- Moving my University Class Online – Where do I Start?
- Moving my University Class Online | Asynchronous Learning
- Moving my University Class Online | Synchronous Learning
- Finding Your Way to the Right Learning Management System
- Harnessing the Power of Parents | For K-12 Teachers
Managing work, staff and kids at home
- Management Tips During a Crisis and Economic Change
- Easy to Read Communications are Crucial in a Crisis
- Managing Work and Home | Life Balance During the Pandemic
- In Times of Crisis – Self-Care
- Tips for Effective Email Communication
- Tips for Effective Email Communication with Family and Friends
- Effective Email Starts with a Clear Subject Line
Tips from other sources
- Adapting Social and Behavior Change Materials | from GLP Client, Food for the Hungry
- Business Development and Networking During a Pandemic | from Successful Independent Consulting website
- How to Host a Cocktail Party on Zoom (and have better classes, conferences and meetings too) | from Medium
NEED MORE SUPPORT?
If you or your organization needs additional support, GLP can help. Some of our relevant projects include:
- Translating in-person learning experiences to virtual or blended learning experiences
- Facilitating virtual meetings or trainings
- Crafting meetings and processes to help teams work virtually
- Developing leadership and skill-building to strengthen organizations
ASK THE GLP TEAM
Contact Senior Partner Jeanette Romkema today to share a question related to virtual learning assessment, design, facilitation or evaluation.